Kamus + Keller Interiors | Architecture is a growing, full-service architecture and design firm with diverse commercial clients. We are seeking an experienced JOB CAPTAIN to join our Architectural studio in our Westlake Village office. This is a hands-on role, and the right candidate will possess strong design and technical expertise.
As JOB CAPTAIN, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as the project captain for multiple projects, providing key decision-making and direction for project team; responsible for project production in support of Architectural Director and/or Sr. Project Manager.
- Maintaining communication between project team, client, consultants, contractors, and all authorities having jurisdiction over the project.
- Managing adherence to office standards of design, quality control, and production.
- Preparation of thorough architectural drawings and construction documents with minimal supervision.
- Navigation through municipal codes and manage the entitlement/permit processes.
- Coordination with engineers including, but not limited to, Structural and MEP Consultant Drawings.
- Technical detailing of construction materials and methods.
- Knowledge of California Building, Fire, Plumbing Codes and Accessibility requirements.
- Thorough understanding of the Construction Administration process.
- Site surveys
- Minimal travel, as required
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial architectural experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & Revit required; working knowledge of SketchUp is highly desirable.
- Self-motivated and conscientious.
- Ability to take direction and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Local applicants only.
If you want to join an energetic team and feel that you are a good fit for this role, please submit your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
Kamus + Keller Interiors | Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.